Covers roofs with roofing materials, such as asphalt shingles, wood shingles, single ply membranes, roof coatings and metals.
Directly supervises 2-8 employees while training and working with them. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Design – Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management – Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Written Communication – Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Completes daily job logs to log production and performance of each individual’s daily tasks.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person.
- Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Managing People – Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and write efficiently
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.